New Board of the Cluster
A new Board of Directors was elected at Iceland Renewable Energy Cluster’s annual general meeting last week. Sveinn Ingi Ólafsson, CEO of Verkís, resigned from the board, having been chairman for three years and on the company’s board from the beginning of the cluster. Árni Magnússon, CEO of Iceland GeoSurvey (ÍSOR) was elected chairman and Bjarni Richter as his deputy.
The new board / deputy board includes:
- Sunna Björg Helgadóttir (HS Orka) / Ingvi Gunnarsson (Reykjavik Energy/ OR)
- Ríkarður Ríkarðsson (Landsvirkjun/ LV) / Laufey Gunnþórsdóttir (RARIK)
- Sigsteinn Grétarsson (Arctic Green Energy) / Sigþór Jónsson (GEG)
- Páll Elfar Pálsson (VHE) / Sigurður Sigurðsson (Iceland Drilling)
- Lilja Tryggvadóttir (Mannvit) / Steinþór Gíslason (Efla)
- Gunnar Örn Gunnarsson (Reykjavik Geothermal) / Carine Chatenay (Verkís)
The Iceland Renewable Energy Clsuter is a common platform for companies participating in the energy sector in Iceland. It includes energy companies, consulting companies, advanced, maintenance and service companies, universities and public bodies. The energy cluster represents all stakeholders in the energy chain’s value chain.